1. What is the Home Based Six-Monthly Medical Examination (6ME) service about?
Instead of having to visit a doctor at a clinic, your helper may now complete her mandatory 6ME pregnancy and syphilis tests at home.
This service offers more convenience for employers, especially those whose family situation makes it difficult for their helpers to leave their home for specific periods in the day to visit a clinic, e.g. those with care-giving needs. Other employers may simply prefer the added convenience of having the 6ME done at home.
2. What are the benefits of this service?
You can enjoy added convenience, as:
3. How did K2 Medical get my contact number?
K2 Medical does not have your contact number, unless you have previously registered for our service(s) and provided us with your contact details. Otherwise, the Ministry of Manpower notifies employers directly about this new service.
4. How does this service work?
5. How do I/my FDW identify your healthcare personnel during the appointment?
Our healthcare personnel will produce a staff pass (bearing our company’s name and logo, and the personnel’s name and photo) for identification when he/she arrives at your home.
6. Would your healthcare personnel who is drawing the blood sample for my FDW be able to offer professional advice on other health-related concerns?
Our healthcare personnel who is helping to draw the blood sample is not a registered doctor. You may wish to consult a doctor for professional medical advice.
7. Do I (employer) need to be home?
No and that's the added convenience! As long as your helper is at home during the time slot booked with her original work permit and the 6ME form from MOM, the blood test can take place.
8. I have not received the 6ME form. Can you provide one for me?
Unfortuately, the 6ME form is only provided by MOM and not by K2 Tests. If you haven't received it or misplaced the form, you can download and print the form from the MOM website: https://www.mom.gov.sg/eservices. Please take note of the due date of the 6ME form as it might be the previous 6ME.
9. My 6ME form does not include HIV but I would like to do the HIV test. Can I do so?
You have to pick the package that corresponds with your 6ME form. We are not able to add in another test if your 6ME form does not require it. However, you can do the HIV test or any other blood tests on your own at a separate cost through our clinic or your own GP.
10. Where can I find the results?
The results will be uploaded to your K2Test account after 3-5 working days. You'll receive an email notification when the results are ready. You can find the soft copy of the lab results under 'Past Reports' tab and you can download it for your reference. If you require the hard copy of the results or the 6ME form, you can contact the clinic to make arrangements for a collection. Please call a day in advance so that the clinic can prepare the results for you.
1. What is K2 Medical?
We are a healthcare institution providing solutions for healthcare and health screening. We have a medical clinic with a team of mobile phlebotomists, working with Ministry of Manpower to provide home-based medical examination for Foreign Domestic Workers.
2. Is K2 Medical approved by the Ministry of Manpower?
Yes. K2 Medical is an approved home-based service provider by Ministry of Manpower for your Foreign Domestic Workers’ 6-monthly screening. See details at mom.gov.sg/fdw-6me
3. Is K2 Medical approved by the Ministry of Health?
Yes. K2 Medical is a licensed PHMC medical institution by Ministry of Health with our own General Practitioner Medical Clinic. Visit our ‘contact us’ page to find more information on our Medical Clinic.
4. What is a phlebotomist?
Phlebotomists are people trained to draw blood from a patient for clinical testing.
5. Can I contact my assigned phlebotomist?
Our assigned phlebotomist will drop you a call on the day before your appointment.
6. What happens when the phlebotomist does not turn up on time?
We apologise if our phlebotomist does not show up within the arranged time slot. Be assured that we will investigate thoroughly and remedy accordingly.
7. Are your phlebotomists licensed/certified?
In addition to our detailed in-house training and protocols, all our phlebotomists possess a valid certification in phlebotomy and have verified work experience at recognised medical institutions.
1. How do I check whether I have paid successfully?
You will receive a confirmation email with the appointment details once your payment is successful. Do allow some time for the email to reach you or you may check your spam folder.
2. What if my online payment encounters error?
Please try a different credit card or wait for 15 minutes before attempting again.
3. Can I pay cash instead?
Unfortunately, your appointment can only be confirmed after we receive your payment online. Our company policy restricts cash collection at the household.
4. What is the cancellation/refund policy?
No cancellation is allowed once a payment is made. You may only reschedule at least 48 hours prior to your appointment slot.
5. I think I have made double booking by accident. How do I resolve this?
Do contact us at 6588 1322 during office hours or via firstname.lastname@example.org for us to check for you.
6. My FDW is feeling unwell, is it possible to reschedule the appointment?
Please bring your FDW to the nearest clinic for an examination if they are feeling unwell. Rescheduling will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
1. Are there any hidden costs?
All the associated costs are fully represented and displayed on our ‘services’ page. Prices displayed are all inclusive and there are no other hidden costs.
2. Are the fees listed on the website inclusive of transport?
Yes, the fees listed are inclusive of transport. There are no additional charges or hidden costs.
1. Is it possible to reschedule the appointment?
You may reschedule your appointment 48 hours prior to the appointment. Drop us a call during business hours to reschedule your appointment or you can write in to us at email@example.com
2. Why does K2 Medical need my national identification number and other personal information?
The fields for employer’s NRIC, DOB and Nationality are not compulsory.
3. How do I know if my booking is confirmed?
A confirmation email will be sent to you once the payment is successful. The confirmation email is automatically generated by our system.
4. Can I know the specific time your staff will come for the appointment?
As travelling time is unpredictable and some appointments might take longer, we try not to give a specific timing. However, our staff will call you at least 30 minutes before arrival so that your helper will have enough time to get ready.
5. What are the things that I need to prepare for the appointment?
Please ensure that your helper has her original work permit and the 6ME form with her. Our phlebotomists will not proceed with the blood taking if either of these aren't present during the appointment. The appointment will then have to be rescheduled at a fee.
1. What does the FDW need to prepare during the visit?
Please prepare the Ministry of Manpower 6ME form and original work permit for verification. We will collect the 6ME form after the sample collection for our doctors to endorse.
2. Does anyone need to be at home with the FDW during the visit?
There is no requirement for employer or a third person to be present during the home screening.
3. How can I identify the phlebotomist?
Our phlebotomists will present themselves with a K2 Medical identification tag with their picture.
4. How long will K2 Medical staff spend in my house?
The phlebotomists will be in your house just for the time required to retrieve blood samples. It will typically take about 10 minutes.
5. What if I lose my 6ME form?
It will be ideal if you can prepare the 6ME form prior to our arrival for ease of verification and collection. However, if you are unable to locate the 6ME form, you may log in to the MOM website to download and print another copy. A hard copy of the form needs to be printed as your helper's signature is required and our Phlebotomists will collect the form after the appointment. Please note that the form is only provided by MOM and not by K2 Tests.
6. What if I missed my appointment?
A SMS reminder will be sent 24 hours prior to your appointment. A call will given to you should there be no answer at the door. Our K2 Medical staff will leave a note at your doorstep after 5 minutes of waiting. No refund will be given if there is no one at home at the time of our visit. Another booking has to be made.
7. I don't have the form and your staff is already in my home.
We regret to inform that the blood test will not take place if our staff is at your home and no form is provided. We will take this as a missed appointment and another booking has to be made. No refund will be given for the missed appointment.
1. How will I receive the test results?
The test results may be retrieved from your personal account at www.k2tests.com under the 'Past Reports' tab. An email notification will be sent to you when the results are ready. Results will typically take about 3-5 working days.
2. Is there any follow up required?
No action is required on your end if your FDW is cleared of the 6-monthly examination.
However, if your FDW is positive either for Syphilis or Pregnancy, you will receive a call from our K2 Medical staff to arrange for a follow up visit at our medical clinic with our doctors. The clinic will do the iSubmit to MOM for you on your behalf if any of the results are positive or includes the HIV test.